I welcome inquiries from potential MA and Ph.D. students who are interested in SIAT graduate program and would like to participate in the work of Critical MediArtStudio (cMAS)
Students interested in cMAS should have a critical concern for unpacking how new and old technologies, categories of difference, and colonial legacies continue to shape both the historical narratives and practices of media arts and design; our sense of self; and practices of knowledge transfer and production.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please send me an e-mail at gacevess (at) sfu (dot) ca with the following materials:
- a description of research interests related to cMAS currrent lines of research
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of your unofficial transcript that includes your GPA
Note: Meeting with me to discuss your interest and research does not guarantee admission to the program. All admissions are handled and vetted by SIAT Admissions Committee and all applications need to be submitted via the SFU graduate admissions system.
Also, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the following:
- Acquaint yourself with the SIAT and SFU Admission requirements. You must satisfy all institutional requirements for admission, which you can review at http://www.siat.sfu.ca/grad/admissions/. Our admissions cycle at SIAT regularly begins in September and ends in February of the same year.
Please note that SFU’s minimum GPA for admission is 3.0; however, I generally look for students who are closer to a 4.0 to ensure greatest possible opportunities for scholarships and fellowships.
- Familiarize yourself with the School of Interactive Arts and Technology. Review our course requirements and course offerings and decide if this looks like the right program for you.
- Most importantly, familiarize yourself with cMAS current research and think about how your interests, expertise, and background will enable you to generate new research questions and projects in relation to our current interests.
- I can only admit students to whom I can offer RA support or who demonstrate strong potential to be successful in scholarship competitions.
- Meeting with me to discuss research interests does not guarantee and offer of admission. All admissions to the program are handled by SIAT admissions committee.